As cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology become more mainstream, building a community around crypto-related projects becomes increasingly important. If you are a crypto enthusiast or even just an investor in cryptocurrencies, you have likely been using Reddit for a while. One of the most popular subreddits is “CryptoCurrency,” with over 800 thousand subscribers and a daily post volume of dozens. In this article, we will discuss how you can start your cryptocurrency subreddit and grow your online community through the effective use of Reddit.
Creating Your Subreddit
When creating a new subreddit for your cryptocurrency or blockchain project, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. The first thing is that the name of your subreddit should be relevant to your project. You should also include a brief description of your project in the sidebar of your subreddit. This will help potential followers and investors understand what your project is about.
Moreover, you should also make sure that you include a link to your website and whitepaper in the sidebar of your subreddit. This will give people interested in learning more about your project all of the information they need.
Another thing is to regularly check your subreddit for comments, questions, and concerns. Responding quickly will give you a good reputation with the people following your project’s progress. It can also help improve or fix problems you weren’t aware of before someone contacts you about them through Reddit.
Tips for creating your subreddit:
Creating a subreddit for your crypto project is a great way to engage with potential users and grow your community.
Here are some tips on how to create and manage your subreddit:
- Choose an appropriate name for your subreddit that accurately represents your crypto project.
- Make sure to include essential information about your project in the sidebar of your subreddit.
- Create a pinned post and update it regularly with relevant information about your project for users to see. -Make sure you respond to comments, questions and concerns promptly.
- Use AutoModerator to help filter content unrelated to your subreddit’s topic or purpose. For example, if you have an art subreddit, AutoModerator can filter out posts about cryptocurrency.
- Create an NSFW subreddit if your project relates to adult content. Make sure this is identified in the sidebar of your subreddit for new users. -Be transparent, honest and open with potential subscribers of your subreddit by providing all relevant details that relate to you or your company on your subreddit.
- Do not spam your subreddit with promotional posts or comments unless it directly relates to something you want users to know about your project (i.e. airdrop).
- Encourage others in the crypto community on Reddit to contribute relevant and valuable content by sharing their blog post ideas, art projects and information that may be of interest to your subreddit’s users.
- Remember, the key to a thriving community is moderation, engagement and providing valuable content that users can use and enjoy. You can create a flourishing subreddit for your crypto project by following these guidelines. Happy posting!
Subreddits are independent communities on Reddit devoted to a specific topic or interest. There is a subreddit for nearly everything, including cryptocurrencies.
Moreover, Reddit is a social news aggregation website that displays user-submitted posts in either chronological or reverse-chronological order. Redditors can upvote and downvote submissions to prioritize their position on the page, which results in an overall positive (upvotes) or negative (downvotes) score for each submission.
To start and grow a cryptocurrency community on Reddit, it’s essential first to understand how the website works:
- Use proper reddiquette when posting and commenting. This includes abiding by the reddiquette rules, which are essentially a set of guidelines for Reddit behaviour.
- Be sure to post interesting and engaging content. This could be news articles, blog posts, infographics, images, etc., related to cryptocurrencies.
- Use hashtags when posting submissions or comments. This will help others find your content. Some popular cryptocurrency-related hashtags include #bitcoin, #ethereum and #cryptocurrency.
- Be active on the subreddit. This means commenting on other users’ posts, answering questions and engaging with the community.
By following these tips, you can create a thriving cryptocurrency community on Reddit that is informative and engaging.
How to create your subreddit
To create your subreddit, you need to visit reddit.com/subreddits and click on the “Create your community” button.
You need to choose a name for your subreddit, write a description, add some tags and categories related to it (you can use the Reddit search function), upload an image as the logo of your subreddit and select if you want others to be able to edit or not your subreddit.
Having a clear branding image and theme on your subreddit is vital to make it stand out from others and attract more Redditors to your site.
You can choose if your subreddit is public or private (only mods – moderators of subreddits- can see content) and add more info in the sidebar about your project/subreddit. You should also create a post that describes your subreddit and its purpose.
Reddit moderators are just regular users, but they have a responsibility not given to everyone. Moderators need to know about managing online communities and subreddits and how Reddit works to keep their subreddit active and helpful.
There are a few things moderators should do to keep their subreddit going:
- Make sure the subreddit rules are clear and concise and that everyone who posts there knows them. This will avoid any confusion or conflict.
- Keep the conversation on the topic. If a discussion starts off the track, try to steer it back on track. This will help to keep the subreddit organized and focused.
- Be active! If a moderator isn’t around, the conversations might not stay on topic, or worse, there could be fighting and chaos. Try to be as active as possible to keep things under control.
When creating a post about your cryptocurrency or blockchain project, it’s essential to make sure that you post it in the correct subreddit. This will ensure that your followers and potential investors can find it quickly and that they have all of the information they need to know about your project.
There are a few things to remember when posting on Reddit:
- Your post must be relevant to the subreddit you’re posting in
- Include a clear and concise title for your post
- Include all of the critical information about your project in the body of your post
- Make sure that your grammar and spelling are correct
- Include images and videos to help explain your project
- Be polite and respectful when responding to comments
Comments are a great way to start and grow a crypto community on Reddit. When people post comments, it encourages others to join in the discussion. So make sure that you reply to comments, which will help keep the conversation going.
You can also use comments to share news and updates about your project. This will help keep people informed about what’s going on, and it will also help build trust and credibility.
Karma and Voting
One crucial aspect of Reddit that community managers should be aware of is Karma. Karma is a scoring system on Reddit that measures the number of good deeds (upvotes) and evil deeds (downvotes) a user has done. The more upvotes you have, the higher your karma score. Similarly, the more downvotes you have, the lower your karma score.
The more Karma, a user has, the higher their authority is on Reddit and the easier it becomes for them to grow their community. For example, if you post an article that receives lots of upvotes, then other users will see this and may vote in support of you at some point themselves.
It is important to note that Karma does not provide other benefits besides authority. Karma is displayed on your profile, in the upper-right corner next to your display name. Clicking this will bring you to a page that shows how many good and bad votes you have accumulated over time. This includes everything from link submissions, text posts and comments.
Rules for a Successful Reddit Community
- Be friendly and be helpful! – If you are going to post something, make sure it is relevant.
- Do not spam posts about your project in other subreddits or outside the subreddit. It will stop people from joining because they overthink advertising is involved with this crypto community.
- Do not post your website link unless related to the subreddit or a discussion.
- Share this community on other social media platforms and Reddit – you could even do giveaways and competitions!
- Keep the subreddit updated with news, events and developments related to your project.
- Encourage discussion and debate among members – this is a vital part of any thriving community!
- Be patient! It may take some time for your community to grow, but if you stick to these rules, it will be worth it in the end.
- Provide helpful resources for users to learn more about your project.
- Precious post content – do not copy and paste from other websites or post information that has already been shared on the subreddit.
Managing Your Subreddit
Once you have created your subreddit, it’s essential to manage it effectively to keep the community engaged and active. Here are some tips for managing your subreddit:
- Be responsive to comments and questions. If someone asks a question, try to answer it as quickly as possible. If there is a problem or issue with the subreddit, address it immediately.
- Be engaged with the community. Share new updates, news and information about your project with the community, and participate in discussions.
- Make sure the rules of the subreddit are followed. This will help to keep the community organized and on track.
- Moderate submissions and comments. Remove any spam or inappropriate content, and ensure that all submissions meet the subreddit’s guidelines.
- Be consistent. Keep the tone and content of the subreddit consistent so that everyone knows what to expect.
Managing a subreddit can be much work, but it’s worth it if you want to build a strong community around your project. By following these tips, you can help create a loyal fanbase that will support your project for years to come.
When it comes to managing a cryptocurrency-related subreddit, certain things should be kept in mind:
- Make sure the rules of the subreddit are clear and followed consistently.
- Be responsive to comments and questions; answer them as quickly as possible. If there is an issue or problem with the subreddit, handle it immediately. Remember that people are looking for help!
- Participate in community discussions, share news about your project, and engage with the group members. This will keep you connected and know what the community wants.
- Keep your tone and content of the subreddit consistent so that everyone knows what to expect when they visit it. This is how people “get used” to a particular group!
Growing Your Subreddit
Once you have created your subreddit, it is essential to build up its membership. One of the best ways to do this is by posting interesting and engaging content that will attract new members. You can also invite people to subscribe to your subreddit by posting links on other websites or social media platforms.
Another way to grow your subreddit is by offering bounties to attract new members and reward your current subscribers. You can use websites like Bounty0x or Blocklancer for this purpose.
You should also make an effort to respond promptly to any questions, comments and concerns that you receive about the subreddit itself. This will help show people a natural person behind the username and encourage them to join.
Moreover, you need to think about what kinds of content you plan on sharing over time, as this will determine the type of people who subscribe to your subreddit.
For example, if you post many links that have nothing new or exciting for Reddit users, they may stop subscribing after a certain point. On the other hand, your subreddit will grow if you consistently post exciting and engaging content.
Engage Before You Promote
When starting a crypto community on Reddit, it’s important to remember that building a strong foundation is critical. This means engaging with other users and cultivating a healthy discussion before promoting your project. By establishing yourself as an authority in the space and creating value for others, you’ll make it easier to attract people to your subreddit down the road.
To engage with other users, it’s essential to be active on Reddit and contribute thoughtful comments. You can also start discussions by posting questions or asking for feedback. This will help you build relationships with other users, who may be more likely to check out your subreddit and get involved.
Another way to create a foundation for your community is to post helpful content about the space. For example, you can curate informative articles from reputable sources and leave a thoughtful comment or start a discussion around them.
Remember that if no one’s checking out your subreddit, there won’t be anyone there to engage with! This means it’s also essential to create an effective branding and marketing strategy to draw attention to your community.
One of the most important things to remember when running a Reddit community is that you need to offer value. This means posting interesting and engaging content and actively participating in discussions. If your community feels like it’s just a place for you to advertise your project, people will quickly lose interest.
Make sure you are acting transparently and treat people with respect. It’s also essential to be honest about how involved you are in the project that is being discussed and your motivation for running a community on Reddit. Finally, remember that building trust within an online community takes time – even one focused on cryptocurrency!
One way of building trust is by being active and engaging with community members. This could include responding to comments, sharing interesting articles or hosting live Q&A sessions. The more involved you are, the more likely people will stick around and engage in discussions.
Another way to add value is by actively moderating your community. This includes removing spam and inappropriate content and banning users who are causing disruption. By keeping your community clean and organized, you can ensure that people have a positive experience and are more likely to return in the future.
Finally, it’s vital to be proactive in recruiting new members. You can do this by sharing your subreddit with friends and family, as well as promoting it on other online platforms. The more people join, the more engaged and active your community will be!
Host an AMA
An “AMA” (Ask Me Anything) is a great way to engage with your community and get new users involved. By hosting an AMA, you can answer questions from your followers and give them a closer look at who you are and what your project is about. Be sure to promote your AMA ahead of time so that as many people as possible can participate.
To host an AMA, go to the “AMAs” section of Reddit and click on “Submit a New Thread.” Fill out the form with all of the relevant information, including the date and time of your AMA, and be sure to include a brief description. You can also upload an image that will appear in the thread. Once you’re ready to go live, just click “submit.”
When it’s time for the AMA itself, log into Reddit as usual and start answering any new questions that appear in real-time. If people ask follow-up questions based on previous answers, you can also answer those.
If the AMA is flourishing and you have enough subscribers on your Reddit community, consider hosting another one in a few months.
Start a Discussion
The first step is to start a discussion on Reddit. This can be done by creating a new post or commenting on an existing thread. Be sure to provide valuable information and insights to attract attention from other users.
It’s also important to be responsive and engaging to feel engaged with the community. If possible, try to create a positive and welcoming environment where people feel comfortable discussing crypto projects.
Add Links in Posts & Comments
Adding links in your posts and comments is a great way to provide additional information for your readers and help them learn more about the topic at hand. In addition, when you include a link in your post or comment, Reddit will automatically generate a preview of the linked page, which can help readers decide whether they want to click through.
To add a link to a Reddit post, copy the URL of the page you want to link to and paste it into your text box. Then, when people click on the link, they’ll be taken to that page on Reddit.
If you’re linking to another Redditor’s post, simply type “@” followed by their username and the post will automatically appear as a link. So, for example, if I wanted to link to this post by u/cryptocurrency, I would type “@cryptocurrency”, and it would seem like this:
Adding images and videos is also a great way to spice your posts and comments. If you have an image or video that you want to share, just paste the URL into your text box, and it will automatically appear when you submit your post or comment.
Keep in mind that links in comments are sometimes automatically removed by Reddit’s spam filter. If your link doesn’t appear when you submit it, just wait a few minutes and try again. If it still doesn’t appear, there’s a good chance that the spam filter caught your link. If this happens, you’ll need to remove the link and submit your comment again without it or message the subreddit moderators for help.
If I wanted to post a response on Reddit about another user’s post, I would type “@” followed by their username to automatically create a link that takes me directly to that user’s position. In this example, I’m responding to a post by @cryptocurrency about the current market conditions:
Advertise on Reddit
One of the best ways to get started with a crypto community on Reddit is by advertising your subreddit. You can do this by posting a link to your subreddit in other relevant subreddits, as well as on websites and forums related to cryptocurrency. This will help you attract new members interested in learning more about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
You can also pay for advertising using promoted posts, which will help get your subreddit’s name out to a broader audience and attract more members to your subreddit.
Another thing you can do is give back to the Reddit community by posting and commenting on other subreddits, including cryptocurrency-related ones. This will make people more likely to trust you and use your subreddit as an information source for all things crypto-related.
You can add a Call-To-Action button to your Reddit ad to increase your chances of getting users to click through to your site.
There are three types of Call-To-Action buttons that you can use on Reddit:
“Learn More”: This CTA button will take the user to a landing page where they can learn more about your product or service.
“Sign Up”: This CTA button will take the user to a landing page where they can sign up for your product or service.
“Download”: This CTA button will take the user to a landing page where they can download your product or service.
You can also customize your CTA buttons by adding text and images. For example, you could add a photo of your product or service and text that says “Join Our Community.”
To create a CTA button, follow these steps:
Log in to Reddit and click on the “Ads” tab. Click on “Create New Ad.” Select the type of ad you want to create. Choose “Sponsored Link.” Enter the URL of the landing page you want to send users to. Select the type of CTA button you wish to use. Customize your CTA button by adding text and images. Click on “Create Ad.”
Reddit Advert Types
There are three types of Reddit advertisements: text, link and banner. The type you choose will depend on your goals and budget.
Text ads are short, consisting of just a few lines of text. They’re perfect for driving traffic to a website or blog post. Because they’re limited in size, they’re also one of the cheapest types of online advertising.
To create a text ad, you’ll need to write basic information about your product or service. You’ll also need to include a link to your website or blog post.
When creating your text ad, be sure to:
- Write catchy and exciting copy that will persuade people to click on your ad.
- Include a call-to-action, such as “click here to learn more” or “visit our website for more information.”
- Make sure your ad is relevant to the page it’s on
- When creating a text ad, be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Write catchy and exciting copy that will persuade people to click on your ad.
- Include a call-to-action, such as “click here to learn more” or “visit our website for more information.”
- Make sure your ad is relevant to the page it’s on. For example, if you’re selling shoes, make sure your ad appears on a page about shoes, not cars.
Link ads are great for driving traffic to a landing page or a blog post.
Link ads will help you get more conversions from your campaigns because they allow people to click from the ad directly into a website or landing page, rather than an external site or search results.
To create a Link ad, you will need to select a page associated with your ad. Click “Create Link” below and enter the URL of your blog post in the Ad text field when prompted by Google Ads. After creating your link ad, click “Save Draft” at the top right corner of this page if you are still editing it later.
Video Ads are great for brand awareness and long-term engagement. Videos are also one of the best ways to drive traffic to a landing page and increase conversion rates.
Social Media Content is a great way to get your brand out there and engage with the community, but converting followers into customers requires an offer or landing page that provides value.
Suppose you want to use Reddit Ads for your business. In that case, there are a few things that you need to know: *Reddit ads can be targeted in many ways (location, device type, time of day and much more), which allows advertisers to reach their target audience with ease; *You can choose between CPC or CPM bidding, which will determine how much you pay for each ad click or impression; *Reddit Ads can be used to drive traffic to your website, or to promote your product or service on the Reddit platform.
In conclusion, managing a crypto community on Reddit can be much work, but it can also be advantageous. By following the tips in this blog post, you should create and grow a thriving community for your crypto project.